- Mentors consist of community members, educators and local college students who will dedicate 2 sessions per week per student.
- Tutors will consist of community members, educators, and local college students who will dedicate time as needed to help students with their class work and help with any academic struggles.
The ALIVE Program
(Post Traumatic Stress Center)
ALIVE staff assess the urgency for intervention across key domains of functioning. This assessment is not intended to be a comprehensive or complete evaluation of the 7 domains (physical health, mental health, academic performance, housing, legal, financial and social), but rather a concise impression of possible severe problems that may or may have not been attended to, and which require referral to specialized services such as provided by other Youth Stat partners.
A group of highly committed therapeutic support staff, Veterans Empowering Teens Through Therapeutic Support™ (or VETTS™), participate in a unique program that matches youth who are highly at risk (gang involvement, legal problems, truant, or otherwise delinquent in the eyes of the community) and matches them with a U.S. Military-trained, honorably discharged Veteran, who serves the function of a committed positive role model
- Rain of Hope will take on disengaged youth who have ambitions to work with kids or in the education system. They will be trained in social-emotional learning and strategies in order to maximize their effectiveness in mentoring and working with younger children in kindness, respect, communication, etc.
Enrichment Providers &
After School Programming
- Various Community Partners will provide enrichment programing based on the interests on the enrolled youth. Programs included but are not limited to: Cosmetology, Boxing, Music Production, Art, HTML Coding, Basketball Leagues, Dance, Carpentry and Culinary
- Basic needs will be provided to those students who are in need. This includes, but is not limited to: Hygiene Baskets, Food, Furniture, Housing, Utility Bills, Medical, Clothing, Haircuts/Grooming, Transportation, and Computers/internet